Thursday, November 16, 2006

The end of an era

(Our buddy Jason, me and Elijah)

Change is sometimes tough, but always inevitable. After having worked together for almost 9 years, Elijah, my senior production manager (and good friend), had his last day at USC yesterday. He and his wife Jessica (with their 6 month old daughter Jordyn in tow), decided that the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles (to say nothing of the near-impossibility of buying a house in this state!) was not what they wanted, so they packed up and moved to Austin, Texas. As happy as I am that they are starting a wonderful new life out there, I was sad that I did not really get to say good-bye to him. Elijah had gone back to Texas to wrap up things on the purchase of their new home, fully expecting to be back in the office on Monday to wrap up work issues. But, the day before he was supposed to fly back to LA, he ran into problems with escrow, house leaks (found the first day they moved in - which the previous owner claims no knowledge of!)and could not come back. So, we will have to postpone closure until he makes his way back to LA again.

I was very fortunate to have met and worked with Elijah all these years; he really was a driving force in making the department as successful as it is. And beyond that, he became a good and trusted friend. We got to laugh and cry with each other through a lot of ups and downs in both our personal and professional lives. I will miss him... a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Those are some sexy legs Torie...and I miss them dearly. We did have fun and Elijah and you are great mentors, bosses and friends!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Whaaaa...??? Elijah...left USC?? And California??? My god, he's been there nearly as long as I've known you! A fixture in the campus filming department, he was! And I only met him once! Elijah, we hardly knew ye...

Please give him my best and tell him congratulations on all the recent blessed events in his life.

And yes, ya look hot in that picture! (:

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home