Thursday, November 02, 2006

Puttin' on My Dancin' Shoes...

I can't believe that it has been so long since I have written anything. Somehow September AND October just whizzed past me! But here we are in November. Fall is starting to creep in little by little... it feels nice. And nothing says Autumn like... Latin Dance! Well, OK, maybe there are a few other things that say it better, but since I am not taking a pumpkin pie-making class, we'll have to go with it.

A few weeks ago my niece, Kathleen, and I started taking Latin dance classes and it is SO much fun. I'm not sure which is more fun - actually doing the dancing or just being able to hang out with my very cool niece! It is great fun dancing with her (since there are so many more women than men in this class, we dance together). Unfortunately, I have found that my leading skills lack a bit of finesse; I can really sympathize with all you "real" guys who are given the unenviable task of making all those tough dance decisions ("should I turn her now?, is this a cha-cha or a salsa? was it forward with my left or back with my right?) and look debonair all the while.

But nonetheless, we have a good time. We have learned the meringue and the cha-cha and have begun working on salsa. It is quite the workout too! We leave class out of breath but with happy (albeit sore) feet! There is just something about Latin music that just makes you want to get out there and move those feet and wiggle those hips (OK, maybe not so much hip wiggling for my straight guy friends reading this!) but it is pure passion put to music.

So as Kathleen and I dance our way into Fall, we figure that by the end of the class we will be ready for "Dancing With the Stars"!! (Watching it on TV, I mean...) ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Yay, an update!! ;)

Mazel tov on the hoofin'! May you & Kathleen continue to trip the veritable light fantastic!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home