Sunday, July 16, 2006

Oh, Crop!

I just had a terrific weekend in the (much less hot than Santa Clarita) city of Camarillo. My friend (and Robert's daughter), Jennifer and I went out there for a scrapbooking weekend. A couple of the Creative Memories ( a scrapbooking company) consultants put together a get-away where those of us who have the scrapbooking addiction (or "cropping", as it is known "in the biz") , could get together and work on scrapbooks, get new ideas, socialize and, of course, buy new STUFF!

My friend Beth got me into cropping several years ago and I really enjoy it. I have absolutely NO artistic talent to speak of, so it's kind of nice to be able to have a creative outlet like this. Thank goodness I did well in paper cutting while in Kindergarten - it has come to serve me well.

I do like the idea of being able to chronicle the special events in my life - family, holidays, vacations, special times. It's nice to look back to remember those times and to share them with other friends and family members. In cropping, we try to add momentos and text that enhance the descriptions of the events and the memories we have of them.

So, this weekend, despite the fact that Jenni and I spent a good amount of time yacking in the Hospitality Suite; eating Brie cheese and sushi; and lounging by the pool, we managed to get quite a bit of work done!

So, for anyone who might be interested in moving away from the shoebox method of photographic storage and would like to join me on a crop get-together sometime, please let me know; it should be a lot of fun. I'll bring the Brie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Ooh, me, me, ME!! I have a whole Book of Q waiting for me to work on! Okay, you bring the Brie, but I cannot say I will bring the sushi...just can't do it. How 'bout pita bread?

8:24 PM  
Blogger Torie said...

Excellent! Let's find a day and crop "The Book of Q"!! And the pita is on you.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

You got it! I'm all in! And by all means, let's not forget the plaintain chips...

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bunch of crop! LOL, just kidding... Keep writing! I look forward to reading more of your crop!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Torie said...

And Mike, as you know, I am FULL of crop!!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home